Wednesday, November 21, 2012

When Jesus Cooks




There is no school today, so I can sleep in.  But I didn’t.  I have a turkey to brine, dressing to prepare, and a sweet potato casserole to put together.  I woke up at 5:30 with a million things on my mind.  So I write.

When you were on earth . . .
You touched water and it became fine wine.
You touched small loaves and fish,
And they became a feast that fed thousands.
During your last meal on earth
You touched bread and wine and elevated them to a reminder
Of Your great sacrifice for our salvation.

Thank you for taking delight in touching broken lives
And transforming them into a shining picture of your image
So that the world can see what You can do today.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,
that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
2 Corinthians 4:7




1 comment:

  1. You're a poet too! Love your Thanksgiving poem and the thought of Jesus involved with meal prep. I wonder if it sometimes made Him as tired as I was on Thanksgiving evening.

    ReplyDelete